Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taco Soup

I got this delicious Taco Soup recipe from my good friend, Jeni. I've altered it slightly to make it vegetarian. I love making soup because it's so quick, easy & comforting. This one is very hearty & full of fiber & protein. It can either be made on the stove top which will need to simmer for about 30 minutes or it can cook in the crock pot all day while your out & about.

1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chillies
1/2 bunch cilantro

Top it off:
Plain Greek Yogurt (rather than sour cream)
Diced red onion
Diced avocado
Tortilla chips-broken
Grated cheese-I like Colby Jack or Pepper Jack

Buy all canned ingredients Low-Sodium and/or Organic. Empty all cans into large pot or crock pot. DO NOT DRAIN! Chop cilantro & add right at the end so it keeps it's bright green color. Dish up & top with desired toppings. I love all the topping I listed above. Eat up & ENJOY!
Serves 6-8 people.

See what I mean? So simple & healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Personal Trainer Blog. I hope you like what you see. I appreciate your kind words & feedback. Visit again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...